A way to know if the floating server is expired

Hello,

I used services/api/stats API and check daysLeftToExpiration attribute to know if the server is expired.
But, daysLeftToExpiration can be 0 in both of following case:
1. the server is expired
2. the server's expiration date is set to "no expiracy"

So, I cannot differentiate the condition.

How should I do to differentiate above cases?

Comments

• It depends on the context, the user would know if the license is time limited or perpetual.
  • Sorry for confusion..
    Let me clarify my question...

I want to know if the floating server is expired PROGRAMATICALLY. So I can warn users when license is expired. (The warning will be shown in Floating client machine as user's convenience)

Currently I'm checking the result JSON from services/api/stats API, but as I mentioned previously, daysLeftToExpiration =0 will be returned in both of following cases:
    1. the server is expired
    2. the server's expiration date is set to "no expiracy"

So, programatically, I cannot know if the license is expired.

How can I solve this issue?

Please let me know
  • Ideally, it should return -1 in case expiry is "no expiry". Will fix this in the next release
  • I agreed with you to return -1. Please do similar changes to node-Locked case as well which is returned from GetDaysLeft~ API, for consistency if possible
  • Also, when would be the upcoming release'sETA?
  • It would be by the end of Jan
  • Cool! :)
  • Hi,

Instead of returning -1, we have added a status property which can be used to differentiate the "0" case. if status is"ok" and daysLeftToExpiration is "0" means no expiry, if status is"expired" and daysLeftToExpiration is "0" means expired.